Taxfix is a tax tool that enables individuals in Germany to quickly and easily complete their tax returns online. With a user-friendly interface and clear instructions, Taxfix can help users collect all relevant information and accurately complete their tax return. Taxfix is also ideal for people who have no experience filling out tax returns or who need assistance navigating complex tax regulations. With Taxfix, users can save time and money and ensure that they take advantage of all relevant tax benefits. In this article, we will guide you step-by-step through the process of using the Accointing tax report to submit your crypto taxes on the Taxfix platform.
Reporting of gains or losses from trading cryptocurrencies – Private disposal transactions under §23 EStG
- Once you have registered and are logged in, select the option to file your taxes for the current year.
- The app will ask you a series of questions to determine which tax forms you need to fill out. In the “Income” section, when prompted about selling any valuable items, select the option of “Cryptocurrencies.”
- Next, you will need to select how you want to enter your crypto data. There are 2 options:
- As individual sales: You will need to enter the details of each sale separately, including dates, proceeds, and any additional costs. The taxable amount will be calculated for you.
- As total for the year: You will only need to provide the overall profit or loss from all sales for the year. This number will appear on your tax return.
The easiest way to report your cryptocurrency gains and losses is to select the second option, “As total for the year.” This saves a lot of time, but the tax office may request further details. To prevent queries from the tax office and expedite the processing of your tax return, we recommend sending your complete Accointing report separately to the tax office.
- The app will now prompt you to input the total amount of profit or loss you had in the selected year. Simply input the figure under “Steuerpflichtige Veräußerungen” on the first page of your Accointing report.
Reporting of income from staking, lending, etc. – Other income under §22 No. 3 EStG
- We now have to enter any other taxable crypto income, such as mining, staking, airdrops or hardforks which are considered taxable income under §22 Nr. 3 of the EStG.
In the same category, “Income“, there is a question about all other types of income you received in 2022. Click on “Other services.”
- Next, you will be asked to define the type of service. You can simply write “Income with cryptocurrencies.”
- Enter the figure under “Steuerpflichtige Einkünfte” on the first page of your Accointing report and click “Confirm.”
- As long as you do not fall into the category of commercial activity, you cannot deduct any expenses. Therefore, enter €0.00 in the question below for the expenses and click “Confirm.”
After following all of these steps, you have successfully transferred your private disposals transactions §23 EStG and other income §22 Nr.3 EStG into your tax declaration. If you have earned capital gains through margin trading or futures according to §20 EStG, you must enter these separately in the “Form KAP” and send them together with your tax report to the tax office.
The information contained in this guide, including any supplemental materials, is for general information purposes and does not constitute financial, investment, legal or tax advice. The present content is not intended as a thorough, in-depth analysis, nor a substitute for a formal opinion, nor is it sufficient to avoid tax-related penalties. Please consult your tax advisor.