This article is for you if:
- You are overwhelmed by the number of different tools now available for portfolio tracking
- You are indecisive on how to choose the right tool for you
- You are wondering what the best tools in the market are and how can you trust people
How do you conclude that you need a crypto portfolio tracking app? Here are a few realizations that you might feel familiar with:
- You have more than 2 wallets and 2 exchanges
- You spend hours in Excel trying to make sense out of your coins’ historical performance
- You have no clue how much money you have in your entire portfolio
- When trading, it takes you more than 10 minutes to realize where your different cryptocurrencies are allocated.
- You are seeing different coins in your wallet that you have no idea how they reached you
- You worry about the amount of taxes you need to pay, but you have 0 clues about the tax laws in your country regarding cryptocurrency
We understand you and quite well. That was us a few years back. So we did the research, and we realized that this is the journey most of our users go through (ourselves included):
Research Top Portfolio Tracking Tools
DYOR. That’s something everyone will tell you in every crypto blog, Twitter account or sub Reddit. There’s a lot of truth in that. So here are some quick tips for you to start your research process:
- Visit trustworthy crypto sites. Make sure that they have a decent UI/UX. Design is just a great filter to see if someone cares about their platform
- Go to different news sites. They will give you a perspective of the various features a tool might have. Take the information with a grain of salt as some of these “reviews” can be biased.
- Don’t get frustrated. You’ll quickly realize that you might end up a little bit more confused than before. Let it synch in a continue your journey
Compare Portfolio Tracking Tools
You feel annoyed and confused and very skeptical about the information you’ve gathered thus far. You’ve come to the conclusion that you must take this matter under your own hands, so you do your own analysis to compare the pros and cons of the current offering in the market. You focus on the following:
- Price & Market Information
- Personal Data Representation
- Information Input
- UI/UX Design
If you’d like to get a full detailed benchmark report about the different crypto portfolio tracking tools available, click here.
Ask Friends and Family for References
You probably have that one cousin or friend who got into crypto early, and it’s a sort of modern Nostradamus. She/he is the one who suggested you back in 2017 which coins to buy, what’s the best wallet, and which exchange offered the best fees. She/he probably had you in his best interest.
However, it is still essential to have several references. In crypto, whether it’s a token, wallet, or exchange, everyone will have a say on things, but it’s up to you to make a conscious and thoughtful decision. Your portfolio tracking tool shouldn’t be any different. Who knows, maybe you’ll be the one now teaching your family and friends how to track their portfolio and get insights out of it properly.
Download the Apps and Test them Out
So you’ve come a long way already:
- You’ve done your research
- You’ve compared the different tools
- You’ve asked your family and friends
But now it’s the moment of truth. You’ll have to try the different tools and A/B test them. Analyze which one is the right fit for you. Which of the tracking apps has the best UX for you? Which of them has your favorite wallets and exchanges? Which ones have all the features that you’d like to have? Which ones consider things you hadn’t thought of before? Feel free to try ours here. If you have any questions, please reach out on Telegram here.
Sign Up and Install
You’ve made your choice, and the best has won. Now you’re ready to become part of that tribe. You’ll download the app and join the Telegram group. You’ll follow them on Twitter and refer your cousin and friend. You’ll know precisely the value of your portfolio now after you’ve imported all your transactions manually or through addresses or API connections. You’ll read the blog posts and check the updates. Everything is going great.
Suddenly you realize that you need more features and there are some exchanges that you’ll need to add. Make sure that you have great customer support. Go to their website and send an email, try their chat bot. Is it a human or a computer? What’s their response rate? Make sure that your portfolio tracking tool is one with which you’d like to stay on a long term relationship. If you found it already, I hope you’re happy with it. If you’re looking for something new or are uncertain yet, we invite you to go to http://www.accointing.com and learn more about us.
Selecting a portfolio tracking shouldn’t be such an excruciating task. This might be a little bit exaggerated. Do take in consideration those steps that make the most sense to you. Pick those suggestions that resonate with your overall selection process, and if you feel like Accointing is the one for you, we would be more than happy to have you onboard. Sign up with us here and start tracking today for free- no ads, all premium features included.