Welcome to ACCOINTING.com’s guide to import and track your crypto transactions from Coinbase Pro. In this section you will learn how to add your Coinbase Pro to ACCOINTING.com via API. Note that we also support CSV imports for all exchanges and wallets via our ACCOINTING.com template.
How to connect Coinbase Pro to ACCOINTING.com via API?
- First Log in into your Coinbase Pro account, then hover over the navigation icon and click on API (https://pro.coinbase.com/profile/api)
- Then, click on the “New API Key” option
- After that, set a Nickname for your Key, enable only the View option, and enter a passphrase
- Copy your created key
- Finally, enter your Key, Secret Key, and Passphrase here
How to track your Coinbase Pro Portfolio?
1. After importing all your transactions from Coinbase Pro, go to your Overview Page. You’ll get a summary of your entire portfolio.
2. Analyse your Coinbase Pro historical performance by selecting your preferable time-period, as well as getting a look at total profits or losses.
3. Click on the different crypto-assets to review your buy and sell dates. You can also select multiple assets at once to compare their performance during the same timeframe.
Overview of Portfolio’s Tokens Allocation
It’s important to understand your Coinbase Pro portfolio allocation and spread (Wallets and Exchanges) as well as get a breakdown of the location of each of your assets per wallet or per exchange. You can go over each of them individually, or select several wallets and exchanges at once.
Need more Intel?
Remember that ACCOINTING.com allows you to generate a file to import and track your Coinbase Pro crypto report to different tax platforms depending on your country’s jurisdiction (US: TurboTax, TaxAct and Credit Karma & DE: Smart Steuer). Now you’re all set, if you have any questions regarding your Coinbase Pro transactions and classifications, make sure you reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or join our community board.